For more details read " Autobiography of a Yogi " - Author Sri Sri Paramahansa Yoganada - A masterpiece of spiritual literature"

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A PARAMAHANSA YOGANANDA TRILOGY OF DIVINE LOVE - by SRI DURGA MATA

Exercises and Walk :


Master's wonderful physique was acquired through his own tensing exercises, which he created and developed in in India before coming to this country in 1920.He said at hat time he tried what he called all kinds of muscle bumping exercises to develop and improve his body strength. He often thought , "There must be some better way of exercising." He continued, " one day I saw a cat awakening from its nap , and immediately upon rising I observed that cat stretched its body as far as it could and for a long time. I wondered why the cat stretched and what was the stretching doing to its body. I began to stretch myself. Having keen observation power , I discovered that I felt so much more life in my body.. The cat had tensed its body; and this experience gave me the idea of my tensing exercises. As I practised stretching every morning and evening and during the day, I felt such wonderful results; from one improvement after another , it became what I gave in the first Yogoda lessons". In later years Master added more exercises, the same that are now practised in the SRF lessons that have awakened the world to a new method of exercises.

------ From A PARAMAHANSA YOGANANDA TRILOGY OF DIVINE LOVE - by SRI DURGA MATA ( MA DURGA)

No comments:

Post a Comment